Friday, August 6, 2010

That is why I call him my GOD!!!! SLASH a.k.a. Saul Hudson

 tickets
05.08.2010 the day that I will definately not forget.. The day that I finally get to witness my Guitar Hero/Legend/Godlike/Rock Icon Slash perform not anywhere but Malaysia.  Although I did not win the chance to meet him face to face but I managed to won a complimentary ticket to be there to witness the moment of true..

I was not able to sleep a night before the concert just to warm up my feeling and prepare my mood to catch Slash live in action.  Reached to office asked for permission for a early step off and got rejected (which I already know the unreasonable forced deduction of my eligible time off hours ans still dare to accuse and threaten me on my appraisal). So waited eagerly till 6.15pm and rushed down to the parking zone where my husband is there waiting.  Took the fastest highway and manage to reach Sunway Pyramid within 20 mins.

I have asked my hubby to bring along his beach shorts and Ts to change as expected the heat and comfort are required during the concert.  I refused to let my hubby wear the KISS T shirt as I told him why wear a KISS T shirt as you are going to a Slash Concert? He took my word and wore a White T.

Crowd gather outside Sunway Lagoon
Look at his grumpy face for not wearing his KISS T shirt

As we rushed to the main entrance and notice a sea of black Ts spectators and while we were waiting our turn to get in.. Brandon gave me a evil stare.. In the stare I know he is cursing me of not letting him wear his KISS T Shirt as we actually saw couple of mat rock wearing KISS T shirt.. (as you can see from this pic how unhappy he is..hehhehehe...), in revenge he refuse to buy me a pair of devil horn... (the one the beautiful white chic wearing). 

I must say the organizer is really unprofessional towards organizing this concert.  A normal 3 minutes walking distance become a 1 hour walk. Imagine every 5 minutes you are able to move just 2 steps forward. When we finally manage to pass thru the entrance gate only to found out the stupid reason that holding such a large crowd waiting is ..they limit 5-10 people pass thru the second entrance and stop you (I mean each and one of the spectator's bag to see if you bring your own beverage in. Cause in there they sell RM 1.00 mineral water by overcharging you 5 times higher) I got stopped due to sneaking in my Starbucks bottle. they force us to either drink all or dispensed it. Brandon looked darn cool at that moment as his grab the bottle from the organizer crew and bottoms up the 500ml bottle in just a couple of sec.  The crew stared stunned cause normally people will just discard the content, he actually hoover up the content in the bottle.  That moment I see my hubby as a cool dude and no one around can compared.
Before concert starts
With cigarette in one hand and heart pumping faster in our body (the feeling is just like you are going to meet your blind date or your first date) walked down towards the surf beach find a great spot stand still and just in time the concert starts without wasting my time listening to some nonsense local rock head perform.(although my hubby love to catch the act of Amy Search which I told him its not that great except for 1 or 2 songs of his).
When the stage light shines up you starts to hear the familiar guitar skill start playing..... ITS SLASH!!!! AHHHHHH... yup this is what I screamed out loud.  Due to lack of cash to purchase a cool digicam and the digicam my pal Jesse loaned me is out of order (which I suppose to make an appointment to meet up with her and return her first baby).. these photo taken with my good old mate my LG Shine. No bad quality but if you look carefully you will manage to see Slash..hehehe.. (photo above shows before shows starts and when Slash and his band is out!!!)

Slash and his band Touring band members:
Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) – Vocals
Bobby Schneck (Weezer, Greenday, Slash’s Blues Ball & Aerosmith) – Rhythm Guitar
Todd Kerns (Age of Electric, Static in Stereo, Sin City Sinners) – Bass Guitar
Brent Fitz (Alice Cooper & Vince Neil) – Drums

has performed a mix of Slash new solo material as well as Guns ‘n’ Roses and Velvet Revolver songs. Songs like Civil War, Night Train. And when Sweet Child O' Mine played the crowd went crazy.. that included myself and Brandon..sing along and air guitar mode on.. others around me starts headbanging.  Super awesome man. Anchored song Paradise City.  Really awesome to see Slash live and seeing his guitar skills was one of the motivation for Brandon to start brushing up his guitar skill.  I am a bit disappointed cause my favourite song November Rain is not in their play list. When Slash took over the mic and start talking... mesmerizing.when he starts to speak my type of language.. :"You guys are fucking great man.." that imediate moment I know why he is my Hero..

Lights up!!
The concert ends around 10pm.  While heading to the exits there are some unhappy incidents happened.  The gate that we are heading to suddenly closing and as we approach nearer then only know that the worker that stopped people from exiting from that gate as he mentioned this entrance is only for people with VIP tickets. People start arguing the the bouncer but we manage to bypass all these people and exit thru that gate.  It took us 1 1/2 hour exit the mall parking. By time we reached home we have no mood to even buy food and settle our hunger with coco crunch and maggi mee.  No mood even to play my PS3 or have great after concert sex (which I was the one asking for it at first...). Straight to the bed and KO till dawn...


Before Concert Start - Normal

During Concert - High
End of Concert - Gone Case High

Look Its Slash!!! On the Screen !!!
YEAH!!! ROCK ON DUDE!!
Yeah!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL.. good to know you have great time there :D I think even with my camera, could hardly snap anything la. Cannot zoom far. The way you described how Brandon bottoms up the water is like.. really so yau ying.. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is... actually those ppl around got shocked.. like really terperanjat..hehehe

    ReplyDelete