Thursday, July 29, 2010

Farewell dinner at Amarin Heavenly Thai Mid Valley


28.07.2010.. Tanya's last day. Happy for her and also sad in other ways. We have been working together for years and now she is leaving for a better prospect.

We have our farewell dinner at Amarin Heavenly Thai in Mid Valley where this place is well known for good environment and good food.
Amarin, a place that I visited several times and food there is great, service is good, environment great and the price is reasonable to people who enjoy moderate pricing.  Food quality still the same. Besides my regular ordering of Pandan Chicken and Tom Yam Goong. We ordered something that is rather unusual that call as Ming Kiam.
Mieng Kam. A platter that includes: Daun Kaduk, ginger, onions, chili padi, lime, roasted dried prawns, roasted coconut and roasted peanut and some sauce that taste like Tau Chu paste (bean paste). As per my Colleague's guidance procedure : take a piece of daun kaduk, apply the sauce then add whatever in the platter, roll it up and then take a bite. Tasted the sour of the lime, the crunchiness of the peanut, the spiciness from the chili, the heat from the ginger, the fragrant of the coconut, dried prawns not a bad combination which surprisingly we love it. I actually made myself 2 roll to pop in my hungry mouth..(hungry ma..) Taste rate: 3.5/5

And follow by some of Amarin's famous dish such as Pandan Chicken (chicken meat marinated and wrap with Pandan leaves and deep fried). 5 pieces per serving.. If you love this dish I suggest you to order 2 serving for 4-5 person.. taste rate: 4.5/5
Asparagus stir fried with Garlic and Prawn.  Very Chinese I know but loving it. Taste rate: 4/5
Green Curry Chicken. Not bad but I prefer The Green Curry Beef though.  the chicken slices came with brinjals and long bean, the gravy was very rich and aromatic .Taste Rate: 3/5

Thick Tom Yam Seafood Soup. Its not thick as the mentioned name just the soup come is more rich form.In the soup you will find : chunks of fish, cuttlefish and prawns.Taste Rate: 4/5. 

Last but not least, Deep Fried Calamari. I don't really enjoy this dish cause I've tried better one.  The Squid is rather rubbery but still goes perfect with the Thai Chili Sauce that comes with this dish.  Taste rate: 2.5/5

Few of us actually ordered my recommended Thai Ice Tea I guess local call this as 3 layers tea. Is ice tea serve with Gula Melaka, Evaporated Milk and crushed ice. Perfect combination.

Daniel ordered the Coconut Milk Shake which I want to try in my next visit as the look and the taste is superb.. I wonder is this is the one my new friend Justin wanted to bring us to try in Penang...hmmm
After the meal we presented our farewell gift to Tanya and gave some personal speech to her to wish her well. 
So.. Tanya... Good luck and remember the days we've worked along side by side and keep in touch always as our makan makan trip still have a sit for you as always.. ~End~

1 comment: