Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is reputation in a shit hole important?

I am having terrible soar throat today. Left side of my tonsil is red and painful. As you guys know being a customer service personnel voice is very important. Although sometimes very I'm bored I will make fun of customers to amuse myself and my fellow colleague ( just make sure your supervisor is out of sight before you think of doing it).

Back to the soar throat issue. As I was thinking for taking a medical leave, my hubby a straight and honest man start lecturing me of taking medical leave is not good for my reputation in the company. At that point I was thinking, is reputation in the shit hole where I am working is important?

I am working in a Singapore base Broadband service provider which basically dying since the took over by our new mother company Asia Netcom. And due to our customers are one of those people that will make a big fuzz for just $0.02 extra in the bill or customers that won't admit their wrong of not paying the bills and when the line suspended after non payment for 3 months and 3 reminders. They will call and scream at you by saying that you are a asshole, stupid customer service, or sometimes they will throw sentence like: your position is too low to speak to me, get your manager to call me".. So, that is the reason our company starts to gave up the hope to supply Singapore our service.

Back to why I call my work place a shit hole. How do you feel if you're working in a department that everyone I MEAN EVERYONE except 1 or maybe 2 not, is looking for either transfer out of her supervision or look for another job opportunity and walk out of the company forever. Maybe she does not know or may be this company's top management does not know how and what people they are keeping and what people they have let go.

As I arrived at work, I told some of my colleagues who noticing my sick look of what my hubby says they laughed and ask back.."do we have good reputation here? I mean like we do good but did company appreciate good worker here? DO they see what we've done good here? Then what is the point of maintaining good reputation here then?" Well for most of the people who read this blog might think that we are all very passive. But hey.. if you are staying in this company then you will know. I stop recommending good workers here since they only hire people they want to gang up for a reason but not looking for work performance. This pattern already started in my own department. That is the reason why we all start to look for better opportunity to get out from here.

Come to the end of it, I am still here cause I listens to my hubby, but the throat is still getting worse and my voice is fading away. I will get some herbal tea during lunch to ease the inner heat in my body.

For me, good reputation is important if company know how to appreciate and create opportunity for potential employee. A place with good motivation and healthy competition able to provide equal rights to all. But the company that I am currently working at, shows total opposite of what I have mentioned as a good company and worse of all, this company practice buyers. ~End~

No comments:

Post a Comment