Monday, July 12, 2010

The one about FIFA World Cup Part 2

11th July 2010. Counting down hour to the final day of 2010 FIFA World Cup. Usual busy high traffic area are sooo quiet with very minimal patron visiting. I guess everyone is saving their own energy for the 2.30 AM match.

As usual my first call to my friend is to check on Paul the Octopus predict who will win the match. Although I am not sure if Paul the Octo can give a 100% accuracy prediction as Germans are giving signal that they will eat him as he predicted the match between Germany vs Spain and as his 100% accuracy Paul the Octo says Spain and Spain it is.. World Cup predictions of Paul — the remarkable oracle octopus whose knack for predicting the outcome of games has earned him worldwide fame as well as “revenge grilling” death threats from country that has been predicted a lost in the game.

Final prediction from Paul... Winner should be SPAIN!!! yes one of my favourite team among this season of World Cup. I find Germany plays like Nazi, Brazil played like dancing samba, England.. my 1st option team and my all time favourite lost and Spain.. the way they played is like swaping partners during tango.. Beautiful plus they have quite a handfull of super stars playing in it.

The way I safe my energy.. sleep thru the whole afternoon, woke up and hang around with my friend in 1 Utama.. suppose to eat BBQ Plaza but 3 of us ended up in Neway eating not that great Buffet and sing from 6.30pm till 1am. 1 1/2 hours before the ball game starts. Thought of stayed back to watch the final in 1 Utama as they are having the Final Kick Off Party. But can't do so cause both of us need to work in another 6 hours. Rushed back feed my hungry dog Rain and bring her out for a quick toilet break and both of us tucked in our comfy bed and start watching Astro.. wait for 2.30am.. while waiting I flip the channel to History Channel and happened to watch the Tsunami 24th December 2006 real clips from survisors of the Tsunami hit. Very sad, seeing people struggle to stayed alive but in the end still being washed away by the wave. Terrible.

Well mtach starts in exact 2.30am and great attack and defend from both Holland and Spain. Many opportunity for Holland but good save by the Spain Goal Keeper Iker Casillas. During Half time I quickly rush to have my small business done and guess what, my neighbour which also happens to watch the game at home cooking Maggie Mee. Man.. those curry flavor flow in thru my wash room's window. As soon as I finish pee - ing I dug out my Maggie mee and start cooking too. Talk about temptation.
Game went all the way till extra time and finally Spain scores winning by 1 Goal at 28mins during the extra time. Last score for this final is Holland 0 - 1 Spain. Again, Salute to Paul the Octopus.. and as soon as the extra time is done.. immediately we switch off the TV and sleep.
So Brazil 2014, wait for us. We will be marching to Rio to catch the final no matter what. Since my hubby is a total Brazil fan and I love the Ipanema Beach. but the cost is a killer. Atleast, I mean by estimate with this season's World Cup travelling + accomadation + ticket to watch the Final + 50% of the total cost just incase comes out to MYR 36,000... pray for me to hit the jackpot..Till then See You Again World Cup. ~End~

No comments:

Post a Comment